| || |
From Mike's Stuff:
- Until then… | TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 18, 2014
| | AEC FORENSICS
MARCH 9, 2014 Is Binding Arbitration always bad?
'The Consumerist’s Chris Morran has a post up about why they believe consumers should always opt out of what they call “forced arbitration” clauses. Here’s the thing: I’m not a lawyer, but neither is Chris Morran. So neither Morran’s post nor this one should be mistaken as legal advice. What most people fail to consider. better option?
| | CONSTRUCTION LIEN BLOG
MARCH 10, 2014 Celebrity Lien? You’d Better “Belieb” It
'See original article at Celebrity Lien? You’d Better “Belieb” It. While The Lien and Credit Journal routinely provides “breaking news” alerts in the fields of mechanics lien law and credit management , it is a rare occurrence when those arenas intersect with popular culture and celebrity newsmakers. Background: What Is A Mechanics Lien? Written by Nate Budde.
| | THE SMART VAN
MARCH 10, 2014 There’s More to Field Service Management Than Scheduling
'When it comes to scheduling for field service organizations, there’s more than just a method to the madness — as any field service manager can tell you, it’s an art form. From juggling competing service calls and customer priorities to matching the right tech with the right parts, scheduling can easily consume too much of a manager’s time. T Field Technologies Online.
| | CONSTRUCTION LAW MUSINGS
MARCH 7, 2014 We Need Strategic Thinking in Construction Procurement
'For this week’s Guest Post Friday here at Musings, we welcome back Harold (Hal) Good, CPPO. Hal served as Director of Procurement and Contracting for the city of Palm Springs, California and Palm Springs International Airport for twenty-one years. He has also held procurement and contracting related Positions at New York University Medical Center and Frederick County Government. license.
| || || || |
CONSTRUCTION LIEN BLOG California Preliminary Notice Infographic
| THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 20, 2014
'See original article at California Preliminary Notice Infographic The California preliminary notice requirements are actually quite simple, but that doesn’t mean they lack details. To make all of those details easy to understand, we’ve created an infographic exploring everything you need to know about California’s preliminary notice requirements, such as: When to send it. Who to send it to. How to send it. What must be included on the notice. And why you should be sending the notice in the first place. You can just rely on zlien. The infographic is below. Enjoy. MORE >>
THE SMART VAN What Every Field Service Tech Knows That the Boss Doesn’t
| WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 19, 2014
'Guest post by Dave Hart, vice president of global customer transformation at ServiceMax. Hart will speak at SmartVan’s 2014 Field Service Roadshow , which kicks off next week in London, about why service technicians deserve a seat at the product development table — and other ways to turn service into a profit powerhouse. . Here’s a tale of two field service companies — one that figured out how to build better products by tapping into their technicians’ on-the-ground experience, and another that didn’t and paid the price. ” they asked. The lesson? MORE >>
DARREN SLAUGHTER Why Contractors Need to be Marketing Now-A Guest Post by Randy Patton
| TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 18, 2014
'This is another fantastic guest post by my friend Randy Patton of Patton Services , a commercial roof coating contractor working with White Roofing Systems. Randy does a great job marketing his business online, so listen to what he has to say and enjoy his post. What are you doing to market for the spring season? Now is the time to get it in order, so you can have work for the spring season! have been talking with a lot of contractors that are just starting to think about what to do. With all the bad weather this winter. all around the country there is going to be a lot of work. Are you there? MORE >>
SCAFFMAG TG20:13 on the cusp of being released for general sale.
| THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 20, 2014
'As the social media promotion of TG20:13 heats up and the announcement of regional NASC seminars , are we in the final week before the anticipated release of this new technical guidance for scaffolding? The answer to this question is ‘yes’, rumours are many NASC members have already started to receive their one free copy of the guidance. So what is going to be included in the awaited suite? TG20:13 Operational Guide. full-colour, brand new, 224-page guide containing detailed practical guidance for most common types of scaffolding supported by structural research and calculation. MORE >>
CONSTRUCTION LIEN BLOG Pay If Paid Clause Infographic: In Which States Are They Void?
| FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 28, 2014
'See original article at Pay If Paid Clause Infographic: In Which States Are They Void? Pay if paid clauses are an attempt to shift the risk of non-payment on construction projects to subcontractors, suppliers, and other parties on the lower end of the payment chain. These clauses are looked upon with disfavor by courts in most states, and require certain specific language in order to be valid, where they can be. Several states, however, have outlawed pay if paid clauses entirely, as against public policy, either by court decision or through legislative action. Written by Nate Budde. MORE >>
- How to Build High Performance Field Service Teams THE SMART VAN | MONDAY, MARCH 3, 2014
- Better Late Than Never GREEN GODDESS | THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 20, 2014
- Sedgeman helps to rebuild Devon coastline after UK storms SCAFFMAG | SUNDAY, MARCH 2, 2014
- An Extra Push to Train Women in Field Service THE SMART VAN | TUESDAY, MARCH 4, 2014
- Orange is Not the New Black GREEN GODDESS | FRIDAY, MARCH 7, 2014
- The Hypertherm Powermax30 XP Plasma Cutter Is Best for Thick and Thin WELD MY WORLD | SATURDAY, MARCH 8, 2014
- John Brash Issue advice on finding defects with wooden scaffold boards SCAFFMAG | THURSDAY, MARCH 6, 2014
- Be Careful When Walking Off of a Construction Project CONSTRUCTION LAW MUSINGS | WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 19, 2014
- SmartVan RoadShow London Recap: Selling Through Service & Business Models That Build Trust THE SMART VAN | WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 26, 2014
- White Collar Rings GREEN GODDESS | WEDNESDAY, MARCH 5, 2014
- Weekly Welding News WELD MY WORLD | THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 27, 2014
- TG20:13 Launches At Media Event In London SCAFFMAG | TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 25, 2014
- Pay If Paid Clauses: What Happens When They’re Disallowed, But Not Entirely? CONSTRUCTION LIEN BLOG | FRIDAY, MARCH 7, 2014
- How to Fix an Indoor Ice Rink THE SMART VAN | MONDAY, FEBRUARY 24, 2014
- Gladiator GREEN GODDESS | FRIDAY, MARCH 7, 2014
- The New Photo Capture Feature in Bluebeam Revu 12 CONSTRUCTION TECHNOLOGY | TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 25, 2014
- Net Positive is the new black – but what is the return on investment? AEC FORENSICS | THURSDAY, MARCH 6, 2014
- Full Price Lien or Unpaid Balance – This Infographic Can Help CONSTRUCTION LIEN BLOG | FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 21, 2014
- Got My Good Eye GREEN GODDESS | FRIDAY, MARCH 7, 2014
- Bluebeam Tips and Shortcuts for Estimators CONSTRUCTION TECHNOLOGY | FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 21, 2014
- Miller Electric Upgrades Syncrowave 210 TIG Welder WELD MY WORLD | THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 20, 2014
- North Carolina Potentially Extending Lien Rights for Tenant Improvements CONSTRUCTION LIEN BLOG | TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 18, 2014
- The Landed Gentry GREEN GODDESS | WEDNESDAY, MARCH 5, 2014
- How to be “Social” on Social Media by Randy Patton DARREN SLAUGHTER | TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 25, 2014
- AGC wins $155M Offshore Scaffolding Contract for Australian LNG Project SCAFFMAG | MONDAY, MARCH 3, 2014
- Pay If Paid: Shifting the Financial Burden “Down the Chain” CONSTRUCTION LIEN BLOG | THURSDAY, MARCH 6, 2014
- Landlords Have Rights! Use of Lessors Privilege CONSTRUCTION LAW MONITOR | FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 21, 2014
- ABC = ADD GREEN GODDESS | MONDAY, MARCH 3, 2014
- 4 Mobile Sales Training Programs for Field Techs On the Go THE SMART VAN | TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 25, 2014
- Don’t Miss Your Lien Deadline By Waiting Until the Last Minute to File CONSTRUCTION LIEN BLOG | WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 19, 2014
- Rights You Say? GREEN GODDESS | THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 27, 2014
- This Week in the Field: The Tech Who Keeps the BMW Bobsleds Flying THE SMART VAN | FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 21, 2014
- Postage Rate Increase Raises Cost of Preliminary Notices CONSTRUCTION LIEN BLOG | WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 26, 2014
- Construction Industry News From The Lien Zone CONSTRUCTONOMICS | THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 27, 2014
- Having a Seizure? GREEN GODDESS | THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 27, 2014
- Camp Teaches Girls They Can Use a Welder Too THE SMART VAN | TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 18, 2014
- The Payment Funnel: A Step-by-Step Guide to Overhauling A/R CONSTRUCTION LIEN BLOG | TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 25, 2014
- Under Observation GREEN GODDESS | WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 26, 2014
- Doctor's LIe? Really? GREEN GODDESS | SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 23, 2014
- The Model of Design GREEN GODDESS | SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 23, 2014
- Free But At A Cost GREEN GODDESS | SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 23, 2014
- Save the Date GREEN GODDESS | SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 23, 2014
- Give It Away Now GREEN GODDESS | SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 22, 2014
- Trade and Off GREEN GODDESS | SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 22, 2014
- Informed Implied Consent GREEN GODDESS | TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 18, 2014
Trades Hub can personalize the content based on your interests, your LinkedIn profile, what you share on Twitter and LinkedIn, and what content people similar to you are sharing. More on Content Personalization
Sign-in using your social networks so we can begin to personalize your experience.
We need your email and password to allow you to log into your personalization features.
Enter your email address to reset your password. A temporary password will be e-mailed to you so that you may log in.