| || |
| | TRADESMEN INSIGHTS
MARCH 27, 2012 Why Aren’t Young People Considering Blue Collar Jobs?
It’s ironic that every manufacturer or contractor that I talk to have plenty of work to do, but a limited number of qualified people to do it. Mike Rowe recently pointed out that young folks can make up to 100K a year working in a factory according to a recent article on CNN Money.com. The same holds true for other tradesmen like plumbers, electricians and HVAC contractors. These folks can make 60-80K a year, and they can’t ship those jobs across the pond. These factory jobs aren’t low tech anymore, or are they in dingie old factories. Make it fun, exciting and cool!
| | TRAIN4TRADESKILLS
MARCH 27, 2012 Scottish Renewable Sector To Create More ‘Green’ Jobs
The renewable energy sector in Scotland supports more than 11,000 green jobs, a major report by industry’s body, Scottish Renewables, revealed today. More jobs are expected to be created as the renewable energy continues to expand, the survey concluded. The report, which looks at level of employment in the renewable sector across Scotland, estimates that the renewable industry supports an equivalent of 11,136 full-time jobs. Scottish Renewables has indicated that the vast majority of these jobs are in the supply chain. Share your thoughts by leaving a comment below: .
| | FLOOR DU JOUR
MARCH 26, 2012 Selling A Home And Need New Flooring?
If you’re selling a home, low on budget and need a quick fix, there are some ways you can do it without making it look cheap. Many will default to cheap laminate flooring in order to get the job done. This is when the floor you’ve chosen actually becomes a disadvantage in your home, but what are you going to do? It’s more than the money, it’s the headache. So what do you do?
| | CONSTRUCTION LAW MUSINGS
MARCH 30, 2012 It’s Always the Cover-Up that Gets You!
For this weeks Guest Post Friday here at Construction Law Musings, we welcome back Melissa Dewey Brumback. Melissa (@ melissabrumback ) is a construction attorney and partner in the firm Ragsdale Liggett, PLLC in Raleigh. Although She is the author of the award-winning Construction Law in North Carolina a blog dedicated to the A/E community. Nixon. Clinton. Edwards. Don’t let that stop you.
| || || || |
TRAIN4TRADESKILLS Train4TradeSkills Radio: Nigel Naisbit talks about plumbing training with T4TS
| FRIDAY, MARCH 30, 2012
Nigel Naisbit is training to become a plumber with Train4TradeSkills. Train4TradeSkills Radio interviewed Nigel to find out how his plumbing course is going. You can listen to the full interview with Nigel from Train4TradeSkills Radio via AudioBoo at: www.audioboo.fm/train4tradeskills train4tradeskills . View this document on Scribd. MORE >>
CONSTRUCTION LIEN BLOG | WEDNESDAY, MARCH 28, 2012 Are Checks with “Payment In Full” In Memo Field Legally Binding? Do They Effect Mechanics Lien Rights?
See original article at Are Checks with “Payment In Full” In Memo Field Legally Binding? Do They Effect Mechanics Lien Rights? Short Answer: Beware checks with “Payment in Full,” “Full and Final Settlement” or similar language written in the memo field or endorsement area. When these checks are cashed, they are very often binding, and can eliminate your rights to recover under contract or the mechanics lien laws. Long Answer: I was contacted recently with this exact question, and it’s not the first time. It’s a great ploy by the paying party. MORE >>
CONSTRUCTION LAW MUSINGS Lead Paint: The EPA’s Renovation, Repair and Painting Rule
| FRIDAY, MARCH 30, 2012
Originally posted 2010-05-28 09:00:07. Republished by Blog Post Promoter For this week’s Guest Post Friday here at Musings, we welcome Joshua Glazov for the first time. Josh has been a construction lawyer since 1995. He practices at Much Shelist in Chicago and focuses on negotiating and preparing design and construction contracts for owners, contractors, and lenders, as well as preparing for, and confronting, construction related insolvency when a project participant goes bankrupt or a lender goes into FDIC receivership. The requirements are many complex. Just give it for each job. MORE >>
TRAIN4TRADESKILLS £5 Million Investment to Boost Bristol’s Building Industry
| THURSDAY, MARCH 29, 2012
Homebuilders and property developers will benefit from a new £5 million investment for Bristol’s Temple Quarter Enterprise Zone which will bring thousands of new jobs in the area, the Homes and Communities Agency (HCA) revealed today. Bristol City Council will invest £3.8 million to buy Brunel’s Old Station building and bring the property to public ownership whilst detailed plans for reconstruction and building work are taking place. With the remaining £1.2 Working with the City Council to acquire the building will allow us to do that.”. Share your thoughts by leaving a comment below: . MORE >>
WELD MY WORLD Safety Tips for Welding in Wet Conditions
| THURSDAY, MARCH 29, 2012
It’s just bound to happen. At some point in the course of your welding practice, whether you’re a seasoned professional welder or a home-based project welder, you’re going to encounter wet conditions on a job site or during a project. As welding safety issues go, properly handling moisture and wet conditions is beyond important because most welding machines (everything but oxyacetylene gas welders) are driven by electricity – and electricity kills! one good strong jolt, your heart stops, and that’s all she wrote. And as everyone knows (or should know): water and electricity don’t mix. MORE >>
- Washington DC Mechanic Lien Law Changing Slightly CONSTRUCTION LIEN BLOG | TUESDAY, MARCH 27, 2012
- Waste It Want It GREEN GODDESS | SUNDAY, MARCH 25, 2012
- London Heathrow Expansion Could Go Ahead TRAIN4TRADESKILLS | MONDAY, MARCH 26, 2012
- A Great How To on Mediation Practice CONSTRUCTION LAW MUSINGS | MONDAY, MARCH 26, 2012
- Using project management software for change order management CONSTRUCTION SOFTWARE GUIDES | THURSDAY, MARCH 29, 2012
- Congratulations to Brent Darnell for Being Named One of ENR’s 25 Top Newsmakers CONSTRUCTION KNOWLEGE | THURSDAY, MARCH 29, 2012
- Be Safe Out There BE THE PRO | TUESDAY, MARCH 27, 2012
- Construction Playground BRAND CONSTRUCTION | MONDAY, MARCH 26, 2012
- Are ‘Electrified’ Fleets Closer Than We Think? One Company Thinks So THE SMART VAN | THURSDAY, MARCH 29, 2012
- Tips for MIG Welding Vertical Up WELD MY WORLD | FRIDAY, MARCH 30, 2012
- New Orleans City Council Passing Construction Requirements CONSTRUCTION LAW MONITOR | THURSDAY, MARCH 29, 2012
- Let’s Blog Off: COOKIES!!! HTRC | TUESDAY, MARCH 27, 2012
- Mechanics Lien Article Published In Current Issue of Deck Builder Magazine CONSTRUCTION LIEN BLOG | FRIDAY, MARCH 30, 2012
- Social Media is a Power Tool for Welders WELD MY WORLD | TUESDAY, MARCH 27, 2012
- Around The Web: Housing Bubble On The Rise Again? CONSTRUCTION LAW MONITOR | WEDNESDAY, MARCH 28, 2012
- Train4TradeSkills Radio: Mark Foster talks about plumbing training with T4TS TRAIN4TRADESKILLS | WEDNESDAY, MARCH 28, 2012
- The New Scafftag Re-Designed For Scaffolding By Scaffolders SCAFFMAG | TUESDAY, MARCH 27, 2012
- Five Star Resource for Filing A California Mechanics Lien from Sacramento Public Law Library CONSTRUCTION LIEN BLOG | TUESDAY, MARCH 27, 2012
- Relief on the Way for BYOD Headaches THE SMART VAN | MONDAY, MARCH 26, 2012
- Natural Ecosystem vs. Economic Growth EVERBLUE | WEDNESDAY, MARCH 28, 2012
- Solar Energy Basics EVERBLUE | MONDAY, MARCH 26, 2012
- Construction Plan and 3D Model Markups will Never Be the Same CONSTRUCTION TECHNOLOGY | TUESDAY, MARCH 27, 2012
- Nixon, Clinton, Edwards- and construction claim? What’s the connection? The cover up. CONSTRUCTION LAW IN NC | FRIDAY, MARCH 30, 2012
- Mechanics Lien Crashes Into Bankruptcy Law in North Carolina CONSTRUCTION LIEN BLOG | WEDNESDAY, MARCH 28, 2012
- From Field Service to Public Service: Former Siemens Tech Running for Mayor in Wisconsin THE SMART VAN | FRIDAY, MARCH 30, 2012
- BPI at the Crossroads: (Exams, New Certifications, Standards) HTRC | SUNDAY, MARCH 25, 2012
- My Webinar (today!) on 7 Critical Mistakes Design Professionals Make (PDH credit) CONSTRUCTION LAW IN NC | WEDNESDAY, MARCH 28, 2012
- Suppliers to Suppliers Rarely Catch A Break In Mechanics Lien Laws CONSTRUCTION LIEN BLOG | MONDAY, MARCH 26, 2012
- TIG Welding Tips: TIG Welding Supplies WELD MY WORLD | WEDNESDAY, MARCH 28, 2012
- iPads Are the Salve That Relieves Revenue Quota Pressures THE SMART VAN | WEDNESDAY, MARCH 28, 2012
- Jason Gibbs “York Way, Kings Cross, London Staircase” Video Pt 2 SCAFFMAG | MONDAY, MARCH 26, 2012
- Will The Most Green Please Stand Up? CONSTRUCTION LIEN BLOG | MONDAY, MARCH 26, 2012
- Comparing Oxy-Fuel Cutting Setups: Propane and Acetylene WELD MY WORLD | MONDAY, MARCH 26, 2012
- Washington Supreme Court Takes On Independent Duty Doctrine In Interesting Construction Law Case BUILDERS COUNSEL | THURSDAY, MARCH 29, 2012
- Bounce Rate Equals Sucky Content DARREN SLAUGHTER | MONDAY, MARCH 26, 2012
- Beware of Bad Mechanics Lien Information Online CONSTRUCTION LIEN BLOG | FRIDAY, MARCH 30, 2012
- What Service Departments Should Know About Tech Buyers THE SMART VAN | TUESDAY, MARCH 27, 2012
- Washington’s New Bidder Preference Fair, or Bad Idea? BUILDERS COUNSEL | TUESDAY, MARCH 27, 2012
- “We Don’t Know How Much We Want to Spend!” – How To Get A Budget Number From Your Landscape Clients LANDSCAPE MANAGEMENT NETWORK | MONDAY, MARCH 26, 2012
- Illinois Mechanics Lien Law Change Proposed To Nullify Recent Court Decision CONSTRUCTION LIEN BLOG | FRIDAY, MARCH 30, 2012
- UKCG Adopt And Co-Brand NASC Scaffolding Guidance SCAFFMAG | FRIDAY, MARCH 30, 2012
Trades Hub can personalize the content based on your interests, your LinkedIn profile, what you share on Twitter and LinkedIn, and what content people similar to you are sharing. More on Content Personalization
Sign-in using your social networks so we can begin to personalize your experience.
We need your email and password to allow you to log into your personalization features.
Enter your email address to reset your password. A temporary password will be e-mailed to you so that you may log in.