| || |
| || | TRADESMEN INSIGHTS
MARCH 27, 2012 Why Aren’t Young People Considering Blue Collar Jobs?
It’s ironic that every manufacturer or contractor that I talk to have plenty of work to do, but a limited number of qualified people to do it. Mike Rowe recently pointed out that young folks can make up to 100K a year working in a factory according to a recent article on CNN Money.com. The same holds true for other tradesmen like plumbers, electricians and HVAC contractors. These folks can make 60-80K a year, and they can’t ship those jobs across the pond. These factory jobs aren’t low tech anymore, or are they in dingie old factories. Make it fun, exciting and cool!
| | FLOOR DU JOUR
MARCH 26, 2012 Selling A Home And Need New Flooring?
If you’re selling a home, low on budget and need a quick fix, there are some ways you can do it without making it look cheap. Many will default to cheap laminate flooring in order to get the job done. This is when the floor you’ve chosen actually becomes a disadvantage in your home, but what are you going to do? It’s more than the money, it’s the headache. So what do you do?
| | CONSTRUCTION LAW MUSINGS
MARCH 30, 2012 It’s Always the Cover-Up that Gets You!
For this weeks Guest Post Friday here at Construction Law Musings, we welcome back Melissa Dewey Brumback. Melissa (@ melissabrumback ) is a construction attorney and partner in the firm Ragsdale Liggett, PLLC in Raleigh. Although She is the author of the award-winning Construction Law in North Carolina a blog dedicated to the A/E community. Nixon. Clinton. Edwards. Don’t let that stop you.
| || || || |
TRAIN4TRADESKILLS London Heathrow Expansion Could Go Ahead
| MONDAY, MARCH 26, 2012
Plans to increase airport capacity in Britain and build a third runway at London Heathrow are likely to be supported by the government despite environmentalists’ concerns. Both David Cameron and George Osborne, have reviewed their initial decision to rule out future expansion for a third runway at Heathrow Airport. It will deal with increased trade capacity and high volume of extra passengers –the Guardian reported yesterday. In the Budget Statement last Wednesday, Chancellor George Osborne, said the government will optimise air capacity. Share your thoughts by leaving a comment below: . MORE >>
CONSTRUCTION LIEN BLOG | WEDNESDAY, MARCH 28, 2012 Are Checks with “Payment In Full” In Memo Field Legally Binding? Do They Effect Mechanics Lien Rights?
See original article at Are Checks with “Payment In Full” In Memo Field Legally Binding? Do They Effect Mechanics Lien Rights? Short Answer: Beware checks with “Payment in Full,” “Full and Final Settlement” or similar language written in the memo field or endorsement area. When these checks are cashed, they are very often binding, and can eliminate your rights to recover under contract or the mechanics lien laws. Long Answer: I was contacted recently with this exact question, and it’s not the first time. It’s a great ploy by the paying party. MORE >>
WELD MY WORLD Safety Tips for Welding in Wet Conditions
| THURSDAY, MARCH 29, 2012
It’s just bound to happen. At some point in the course of your welding practice, whether you’re a seasoned professional welder or a home-based project welder, you’re going to encounter wet conditions on a job site or during a project. As welding safety issues go, properly handling moisture and wet conditions is beyond important because most welding machines (everything but oxyacetylene gas welders) are driven by electricity – and electricity kills! one good strong jolt, your heart stops, and that’s all she wrote. And as everyone knows (or should know): water and electricity don’t mix. MORE >>
CONSTRUCTION LAW MUSINGS Lead Paint: The EPA’s Renovation, Repair and Painting Rule
| FRIDAY, MARCH 30, 2012
Originally posted 2010-05-28 09:00:07. Republished by Blog Post Promoter For this week’s Guest Post Friday here at Musings, we welcome Joshua Glazov for the first time. Josh has been a construction lawyer since 1995. He practices at Much Shelist in Chicago and focuses on negotiating and preparing design and construction contracts for owners, contractors, and lenders, as well as preparing for, and confronting, construction related insolvency when a project participant goes bankrupt or a lender goes into FDIC receivership. The requirements are many complex. Just give it for each job. MORE >>
GREEN GODDESS Waste It Want It
| SUNDAY, MARCH 25, 2012
With my move planned for the year end I have been looking for the way to make my move the greenest possible. From recycled containers, self shipping and the ability to return or recycle moving goods and materials, there are many ways to eliminate waste and reduce cost if you are willing to look for it. Finding ways to reduce waste, even small scale, are essential to reducing the long term environmental affects but also your overall costs for disposal. Its a green-green win. The best example is from our local Starbucks taking the coffee cups and having them recycled to napkins. MORE >>
- Washington DC Mechanic Lien Law Changing Slightly CONSTRUCTION LIEN BLOG | TUESDAY, MARCH 27, 2012
- Using project management software for change order management CONSTRUCTION SOFTWARE GUIDES | THURSDAY, MARCH 29, 2012
- A Great How To on Mediation Practice CONSTRUCTION LAW MUSINGS | MONDAY, MARCH 26, 2012
- Congratulations to Brent Darnell for Being Named One of ENR’s 25 Top Newsmakers CONSTRUCTION KNOWLEGE | THURSDAY, MARCH 29, 2012
- Be Safe Out There BE THE PRO | TUESDAY, MARCH 27, 2012
- Construction Playground BRAND CONSTRUCTION | MONDAY, MARCH 26, 2012
- Scottish Renewable Sector To Create More ‘Green’ Jobs TRAIN4TRADESKILLS | TUESDAY, MARCH 27, 2012
- Are ‘Electrified’ Fleets Closer Than We Think? One Company Thinks So THE SMART VAN | THURSDAY, MARCH 29, 2012
- Tips for MIG Welding Vertical Up WELD MY WORLD | FRIDAY, MARCH 30, 2012
- New Orleans City Council Passing Construction Requirements CONSTRUCTION LAW MONITOR | THURSDAY, MARCH 29, 2012
- Let’s Blog Off: COOKIES!!! HTRC | TUESDAY, MARCH 27, 2012
- Mechanics Lien Article Published In Current Issue of Deck Builder Magazine CONSTRUCTION LIEN BLOG | FRIDAY, MARCH 30, 2012
- Social Media is a Power Tool for Welders WELD MY WORLD | TUESDAY, MARCH 27, 2012
- Around The Web: Housing Bubble On The Rise Again? CONSTRUCTION LAW MONITOR | WEDNESDAY, MARCH 28, 2012
- Train4TradeSkills Radio: Mark Foster talks about plumbing training with T4TS TRAIN4TRADESKILLS | WEDNESDAY, MARCH 28, 2012
- The New Scafftag Re-Designed For Scaffolding By Scaffolders SCAFFMAG | TUESDAY, MARCH 27, 2012
- Five Star Resource for Filing A California Mechanics Lien from Sacramento Public Law Library CONSTRUCTION LIEN BLOG | TUESDAY, MARCH 27, 2012
- Relief on the Way for BYOD Headaches THE SMART VAN | MONDAY, MARCH 26, 2012
- £5 Million Investment to Boost Bristol’s Building Industry TRAIN4TRADESKILLS | THURSDAY, MARCH 29, 2012
- Natural Ecosystem vs. Economic Growth EVERBLUE | WEDNESDAY, MARCH 28, 2012
- Mechanics Lien Crashes Into Bankruptcy Law in North Carolina CONSTRUCTION LIEN BLOG | WEDNESDAY, MARCH 28, 2012
- From Field Service to Public Service: Former Siemens Tech Running for Mayor in Wisconsin THE SMART VAN | FRIDAY, MARCH 30, 2012
- Construction Plan and 3D Model Markups will Never Be the Same CONSTRUCTION TECHNOLOGY | TUESDAY, MARCH 27, 2012
- Nixon, Clinton, Edwards- and construction claim? What’s the connection? The cover up. CONSTRUCTION LAW IN NC | FRIDAY, MARCH 30, 2012
- Suppliers to Suppliers Rarely Catch A Break In Mechanics Lien Laws CONSTRUCTION LIEN BLOG | MONDAY, MARCH 26, 2012
- BPI at the Crossroads: (Exams, New Certifications, Standards) HTRC | SUNDAY, MARCH 25, 2012
- TIG Welding Tips: TIG Welding Supplies WELD MY WORLD | WEDNESDAY, MARCH 28, 2012
- My Webinar (today!) on 7 Critical Mistakes Design Professionals Make (PDH credit) CONSTRUCTION LAW IN NC | WEDNESDAY, MARCH 28, 2012
- Will The Most Green Please Stand Up? CONSTRUCTION LIEN BLOG | MONDAY, MARCH 26, 2012
- iPads Are the Salve That Relieves Revenue Quota Pressures THE SMART VAN | WEDNESDAY, MARCH 28, 2012
- Comparing Oxy-Fuel Cutting Setups: Propane and Acetylene WELD MY WORLD | MONDAY, MARCH 26, 2012
- Jason Gibbs “York Way, Kings Cross, London Staircase” Video Pt 2 SCAFFMAG | MONDAY, MARCH 26, 2012
- Beware of Bad Mechanics Lien Information Online CONSTRUCTION LIEN BLOG | FRIDAY, MARCH 30, 2012
- Washington Supreme Court Takes On Independent Duty Doctrine In Interesting Construction Law Case BUILDERS COUNSEL | THURSDAY, MARCH 29, 2012
- Bounce Rate Equals Sucky Content DARREN SLAUGHTER | MONDAY, MARCH 26, 2012
- What Service Departments Should Know About Tech Buyers THE SMART VAN | TUESDAY, MARCH 27, 2012
- “We Don’t Know How Much We Want to Spend!” – How To Get A Budget Number From Your Landscape Clients LANDSCAPE MANAGEMENT NETWORK | MONDAY, MARCH 26, 2012
- Washington’s New Bidder Preference Fair, or Bad Idea? BUILDERS COUNSEL | TUESDAY, MARCH 27, 2012
- Solar Energy Basics EVERBLUE | MONDAY, MARCH 26, 2012
- Illinois Mechanics Lien Law Change Proposed To Nullify Recent Court Decision CONSTRUCTION LIEN BLOG | FRIDAY, MARCH 30, 2012
- UKCG Adopt And Co-Brand NASC Scaffolding Guidance SCAFFMAG | FRIDAY, MARCH 30, 2012
Trades Hub can personalize the content based on your interests, your LinkedIn profile, what you share on Twitter and LinkedIn, and what content people similar to you are sharing. More on Content Personalization
Sign-in using your social networks so we can begin to personalize your experience.
We need your email and password to allow you to log into your personalization features.
Enter your email address to reset your password. A temporary password will be e-mailed to you so that you may log in.