| || |
| || | CONSTRUCTION TECHNOLOGY
APRIL 11, 2012 Construction Photography Best Practices
Construction Firms often use photos to showcase their work. It’s a visual testimonial to the expertise and capabilities of the contractor and their team. It’s also a great way to capture before and after transformations, but there are many uses for photographs in the Architectural, Engineering and Construction industries. Photographing Construction Milestones. Daily Log Photos.
| | DARREN SLAUGHTER
APRIL 9, 2012 How Much Should You Spend on Advertising?
I get this question a lot from contractors large and small, and while there are guidelines to follow, the only person able to answer this question is the one writing the check since it is their money. But a great place to start when trying to figure out just how much to spend, is by figuring out how much you want to make. Either option requires a budget. So what are the numbers?
| | TRADESMEN INSIGHTS
APRIL 11, 2012 Benchmark Report on Email Marketing Sheds Light on Top Priorities and Challenges for B-to B-Marketers
A recent report by MarketingSherpa outlines the top priorities and challenges facing those of us that use this marketing tool. free copy can be downloaded here. This report re-emphasizes the fact that email marketing is not only alive, but is still an important part of the overall marketing programs of most companies. Top 5 process priorities for B-to-B marketers include: Growing and retaining subscribers – 64%. Delivering highly relevant content – 72%. Achieving or increasing ROI – 39%. Increasing email engagement metrics – 41%.
| || || || |
SCAFFMAG Scaffold collapse injuries lead to fine
| THURSDAY, APRIL 12, 2012
A former scaffolding company director has been fined after two employees were injured in a scaffold collapse. 26-year-old man working for Robert Leslie Butler fractured his left ankle and right heel as he jumped six metres from a scaffold tower at student accommodation on Radford Boulevard, Nottingham, on 24 January 2011, as it fell to the ground. Image source: ppconstructionsafety.com. second employee, 46, was working at a height of around 10 metres. He managed to hang on to the scaffold as it fell. There was no safe sequence of work in place to dismantle the tower. Via: hse.gov.uk. MORE >>
BUILDERS COUNSEL Save a Legal Fee: Somebody Please Read A Construction Law Blog!
| THURSDAY, APRIL 12, 2012
Yep, construction law blogs pump out tons of free construction law education. It’s somewhat remarkable how poorly my colleagues and I rank in the law blog hierarchy. Visits to law blogs are densely packed into technology, criminal justice, constitutional, and intellectual property law blogs. It’s a fact that construction law blogs just don’t attract the heavy loads of law blog visitors. Well, it’s time to start reading them – they can save you money, time and effort. Avvo uses Amazon’s Alexa site statistics, one of the best indicators of actual site traffic. MORE >>
BRAND CONSTRUCTION Necessary Navigation for Construction Websites
| THURSDAY, APRIL 12, 2012
I hope I’m not giving away the farm here, but it’s always good to share your knowledge, right? If you’ve seen me present Websites That Work like at SMPS SRC 2011 (Southern Regional Conference) in Houston, Texas than you probably have this handout. You can also download it from our Resources section if you want to nice PDF. Projects – Ever lose a job because they didn’t know you were qualified, because they thought you were too small, because they thought you were out of their league, or because they thought you only do one thing? How did your company get started? MORE >>
TRADESMEN INSIGHTS What Are You Using to Help Identify Topics for Writing Your Blog?
| TUESDAY, APRIL 10, 2012
Reading Will Fuel Your Writing for New Business. Google Reader will save time and allow you to consistently share and create appealing content that will be of primary interest to your target audience. Social media is a great tool for new business, but it is the creation and curation of content that will provide success. Creating content is difficult. If you are going to write effectively, you must read and your reading will fuel your writing. Constantly using search engines to find your resources is not only a huge waste of time, but you can easily get distracted. Quickly spot trends. MORE >>
SCAFFMAG Road Closed After Scaffold Collapse
| TUESDAY, APRIL 10, 2012
Balham High Road, Wandsworth has been closed off after scaffolding erected outside a building on the street collapsed this morning. Firefighters were called at 3.20am to remove the 10m by 8m scaffolding tower, which was lying in the road and on the pavement opposite Sainsbury’s. An infra-red camera and lights were used to make sure nobody was trapped underneath. spokesman confirmed no one was hurt in the incident. The road remained closed at 9am and traffic in the area has been severely affected. Via: yourlocalguardian.co.uk. Safety Scaffolding News collapse Scaffold Wandsworth MORE >>
- Train4TradeSkills Radio: James Goodland talks about electrical training with T4TS TRAIN4TRADESKILLS | TUESDAY, APRIL 10, 2012
- Using an iPad for construction defect investigations AEC FORENSICS | SUNDAY, APRIL 8, 2012
- Practical Marketing Considerations for Construction Brands FREE Webcast CONSTRUCTION MARKETING BLOG | MONDAY, APRIL 9, 2012
- 20 tips for a healthy and safe home HTRC | FRIDAY, APRIL 13, 2012
- Higher Education a Major Source of Work for the Construction Industry TRAIN4TRADESKILLS | FRIDAY, APRIL 13, 2012
- Chicago Construction Law Blog COLLABORATIVE CONSTRUCTION | WEDNESDAY, APRIL 11, 2012
- The Spring Rush of Landscaping: Don’t Forget to Sharpen Your Axe LANDSCAPE MANAGEMENT NETWORK | TUESDAY, APRIL 10, 2012
- Hitting the Road: Vacation / Camping Checklist & RV Toolkit HTRC | SUNDAY, APRIL 8, 2012
- Nick Clegg Announces Energy Saving Scheme TRAIN4TRADESKILLS | WEDNESDAY, APRIL 11, 2012
- New Emission Restrictions Announced COLLABORATIVE CONSTRUCTION | MONDAY, APRIL 9, 2012
- How Do You Remove A Frivolous Mechanics Lien? CONSTRUCTION LIEN BLOG | FRIDAY, APRIL 13, 2012
- The Role of a Welding Regulator WELD MY WORLD | THURSDAY, APRIL 12, 2012
- Train4TradeSkills Radio: Rowhan Kenrick talks about plumbing training with T4TS TRAIN4TRADESKILLS | FRIDAY, APRIL 13, 2012
- Biological BIM? COLLABORATIVE CONSTRUCTION | SATURDAY, APRIL 7, 2012
- “Hourly Billing Loses Ground” – The Wall Street Journal on flat fees and other alternative fee arrangements AEC FORENSICS | MONDAY, APRIL 9, 2012
- National Welding Month [VIDEO] WELD MY WORLD | WEDNESDAY, APRIL 11, 2012
- Train4TradeSkills Radio: Spencer Williams talks about plumbing training with T4TS TRAIN4TRADESKILLS | THURSDAY, APRIL 12, 2012
- Solar Growth in the Big Apple EVERBLUE | WEDNESDAY, APRIL 11, 2012
- Going Off Grid in the 21st Century: Rain Water Storage Tanks HTRC | WEDNESDAY, APRIL 11, 2012
- Major Contractor Fined Over Scaffolding Works Failure SCAFFMAG | WEDNESDAY, APRIL 11, 2012
- Video Tutorials: A Cheap, Brilliant Field Service Solution THE SMART VAN | TUESDAY, APRIL 10, 2012
- Why Mechanics Lien Claims Help You Get Paid In Face of Bankruptcy CONSTRUCTION LIEN BLOG | THURSDAY, APRIL 12, 2012
- Contractor Selling: 5 Weekend Sales & Service Adjustments for your Home Services Business THE SERVICE COACH | SATURDAY, APRIL 7, 2012
- San Diego Central Library under construction: “The nerds have infiltrated the construction industry” AEC FORENSICS | THURSDAY, APRIL 12, 2012
- Welding Resources - Art Welding WELD MY WORLD | TUESDAY, APRIL 10, 2012
- Is a Mechanics Lien Avoidable by a Bankrupt Debtor? CONSTRUCTION LIEN BLOG | WEDNESDAY, APRIL 11, 2012
- Video: Man Buried in Jobsite Mud Rescued DIRT TALK | TUESDAY, APRIL 10, 2012
- International Code Council Foundation to “Make It Right” during 2012 Building Safety Month AEC FORENSICS | WEDNESDAY, APRIL 11, 2012
- What Are the New Welding Careers and Welding Jobs? WELD MY WORLD | MONDAY, APRIL 9, 2012
- New Video Explains How To Use The Mechanics Lien To Get Paid On Every Construction Project CONSTRUCTION LIEN BLOG | TUESDAY, APRIL 10, 2012
- The JOBS Act: A Boon for the Changing Construction Industry? BUILDERS COUNSEL | TUESDAY, APRIL 10, 2012
- A LEED alternative for California homes: GreenPoint Rated AEC FORENSICS | WEDNESDAY, APRIL 11, 2012
- How Philips Healthcare Is Making Sure its Customers Are Happy THE SMART VAN | FRIDAY, APRIL 13, 2012
- Can a Lien be Foreclosed Upon if a Party Files Bankruptcy? CONSTRUCTION LIEN BLOG | MONDAY, APRIL 9, 2012
- Construction Law Musings Hits the Beach CONSTRUCTION LAW MUSINGS | MONDAY, APRIL 9, 2012
- Alex Wilson explains the role of window edge glazing spacers in energy efficient fenestration AEC FORENSICS | WEDNESDAY, APRIL 11, 2012
- Why the iPhone Hasn’t Killed the GPS Device THE SMART VAN | THURSDAY, APRIL 12, 2012
- Same Great Blog, New Web Address CONSTRUCTION LIEN BLOG | WEDNESDAY, APRIL 11, 2012
- Performance Matters: International Living Future Institute Certifies First Two Projects BUILDERS COUNSEL | WEDNESDAY, APRIL 11, 2012
- Forensic analysis of the Titanic’s structural failure prior to sinking AEC FORENSICS | TUESDAY, APRIL 10, 2012
- Is Field Service the Perfect Market for Google Goggles? THE SMART VAN | WEDNESDAY, APRIL 11, 2012
Trades Hub can personalize the content based on your interests, your LinkedIn profile, what you share on Twitter and LinkedIn, and what content people similar to you are sharing. More on Content Personalization
Sign-in using your social networks so we can begin to personalize your experience.
We need your email and password to allow you to log into your personalization features.
Enter your email address to reset your password. A temporary password will be e-mailed to you so that you may log in.