| || |
|Page 1 of 1 || Previous | Next |
| | CONSTRUCTION LIEN BLOG
MAY 29, 2013 Tennessee Mechanics Lien Law: 5 Things to Know
'See original article at Tennessee Mechanics Lien Law: 5 Things to Know Looking to file a mechanics lien in Tennessee? Just like every state, Tennessee has a unique set of regulations. Eligibility to File A Mechanics Lien in Tennessee Depends on the Project. Eligibility to file a lien in Tennessee depends on the project type. Written by Scott Wolfe Jr.
| | CONSTRUCTION LIEN BLOG
JANUARY 11, 2012 Special Mechanic Lien Rules for Specially Fabricated Materials
Tennessee. Tennessee Code Ann. Massachusetts Material Supplier Montana Nebraska North Dakota Specially Fabricated Materials Supplier Series Tennessee TexasTime and time again on this blog, I’ve said that if there is one lien law rule consistent from state to state, it’s that in order to qualify for a mechanics lien claim, the materials or labor you furnish must actually be incorporated into the jobsite’s property (click here to see mentions of “incorporation” on blog ). Specially Fabricated Materials Defined. Then, in the middle, there is some gray area. Hawaii.
| || || |
| | DIRT TALK
JULY 6, 2011 A Tribute to Construction’s ‘Road Warriors’
I spent much of last week in the middle of nowhere in Tennessee—this is no slight on the beautiful state of Tennessee—with one of our superintendents recruiting for a large construction project that we are starting up
| | CONSTRUCTION LIEN BLOG
JULY 5, 2011 Get Free Alerts Of Construction Lien Law Changes
Tennessee. Get notified when the lien laws change in your neck of the woods, or whenever lien laws change anywhere in the nation, by subscribing to our free mailing list below. The Construction Lien Blog has lead the industry for years in providing resources and commentary on mechanic’s lien laws across the country. Stay informed about the laws that impact your business for free by subscribing. join our mailing list. Email Address. First Name. Last Name. Update Me on Lien Laws In… All States. Alabama. Alaska. Arizona. Arkansas. California. Colorado. Connecticut. Delaware.
| | GREEN GODDESS
AUGUST 5, 2012 We Built This City
Eighty miles to the south, another green pasture was replaced by a Nissan engine factory, and across Tennessee about 100 Nissan suppliers dot the landscape, making steel in Murfreesboro, air conditioning units in Lewisburg, transmission parts in Portland. Tennessee? Where is Tennessee?” Nissan’s choice of Tennessee was not popular with everyone. That is all. Greed.
| | GREEN GODDESS
FEBRUARY 4, 2013 Cheater Cheater Pumpkin Eater
They said he doctored driver’s licenses, pressured teachers to lie to the authorities and collected at least $125,000 from teachers and prospective teachers in Arkansas, Mississippi and Tennessee who feared that they could not pass the certification exams on their own. In Tennessee, for example, 97 percent of those who took the exams in the 2010-11 school year passed. Ah the irony.
| || || || |
CONSTRUCTION LAW MUSINGS Smile and Sincerity: It’s How You Make a Connection at a Construction Conference
| FRIDAY, MARCH 9, 2012
Matt (@ matthewdevries ) is a construction lawyer in Nashville, Tennessee
and the founder of www.bestpracticesconstructionlaw.com , a construction-related blog that focuses on transportation, green building, and technology. He heads the Tennessee
construction law practice of Stites & Harbison PLLC, which has offices in TN, VA, KY, GA, and IN. For this week’s Guest Post Friday post here at Construction Law Musings, we welcome back a good friend, Matthew DeVries. He is married and has seven young kids. As a construction lawyer, I do a good deal of public speaking. MORE >>
CONSTRUCTION LIEN BLOG Mechanics Lien and Bond Claim Best Practices
| TUESDAY, JUNE 12, 2012
If you’re in Tennessee
, a great place to start is with Matthew Devries’ checklist, originally published on his Best Practices Construction Law Blog: Information Needed To Prepare A Lien. See original article at Mechanics Lien and Bond Claim Best Practices Through the years of consulting with folks in the construction industry about mechanics lien and bond claims, I’ve unearthed a set of principles to help navigate the very complicated world of liens. Understand What Type of “Lien” Is Available. That’s part true, and part untrue. Know All Relevant Project Information. Conclusion. MORE >>
BUILDERS COUNSEL Ditch The Same Old Contract: General Contractors Can Benefit From.
| WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 15, 2010
Matt is an excellent construction attorney, LEED AP, and legal blogger in Nashville, Tennessee
. Its a phrase I often mutter to myself when reviewing a general contractor’s agreement for a subcontractor client. At this juncture, I have a common response to these all so common contracts – stop the aggression, start the reward. General contractor agreements are a one-sided affair. The vast majority of these agreements are probably unconscionable, to some extent. In a poor economy, general contractors who have work are in a favorable negotiating stance. Earth Week Extravaganza! MORE >>
HTRC Of sales tax holidays, disaster preparation & others of interest…
| THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 21, 2013
School &/or Clothing is a very popular one in early August – Alabama, Arkansas, Connecticut, Georgia, Iowa, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi (Late July), Maryland, Missouri, New Mexico, North & South Carolina, Tennessee
, Texas & Virginia. Alabama is one of three states that have a “severe weather” sales tax holiday. This year the “holiday” is set to start tomorrow (February 22 nd ) and it runs through Sunday. What’s Included: Under 810-6-3-.66 Cell phone batteries & chargers. Crank style, solar powered and battery-powered radios. Glow sticks. Non-electric” can opener. MORE >>
CONSTRUCTION LAW IN NC Contractor working in neighboring state? Read these blogs! (Tues Tip)
| TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 16, 2010
If you work in one of North Carolina’s neighboring states, check out the Blogroll for blogs written specifically by construction attorneys practicing in Virginia ( Chris Hill & Tim Hughes ), South Carolina ( Clay Olson ), and Tennessee
( Matt DeVries ). Read these blogs! Tues Tip) by MelissaBrumback on November 16, 2010 Want more construction law? Want to read about case and statutory developments in other southeastern states? While you’re there, check out all of the other fine bloggers too. Am I missing somebody that I should include on the blogroll? would add D.C.’s MORE >>
- Just Dunces GREEN GODDESS | TUESDAY, JANUARY 8, 2013
- A look at NAHB’s “Recommended Code Amendments” HTRC | FRIDAY, APRIL 19, 2013
- Conferences, Codes & Reality HTRC | THURSDAY, MARCH 7, 2013
- Is Preliminary Notice Required In My State? List of Notice and Non. CONSTRUCTION LIEN BLOG | TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 30, 2010
- Buying Floors In Dalton FLOORING THERAPY | SATURDAY, JULY 17, 2010
- Gone Baby Gone GREEN GODDESS | THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 14, 2013
- An Apple A Day GREEN GODDESS | FRIDAY, DECEMBER 7, 2012
- Changes and Claims: Make Sure You Actually Ask for What You Want CONSTRUCTION LAW MUSINGS | FRIDAY, DECEMBER 9, 2011
- Washington's Prompt Payment Act: Public Works Only / The Builders. BUILDERS COUNSEL | THURSDAY, APRIL 7, 2011
- Walks Like a Duck GREEN GODDESS | MONDAY, APRIL 1, 2013
- Preliminary Notice: Send On Every Job CONSTRUCTION LIEN BLOG | FRIDAY, MAY 3, 2013
- Monitoring your Electricity Usage with MyUsage and Smart Meters HTRC | MONDAY, MARCH 7, 2011
- Medi Vice GREEN GODDESS | SUNDAY, OCTOBER 7, 2012
- No Prompt Pay Law? Washington Construction Law Lacks Prompt. BUILDERS COUNSEL | TUESDAY, JANUARY 18, 2011
- Visualization Tools for Science COLLABORATIVE CONSTRUCTION | MONDAY, DECEMBER 17, 2012
- Friday Nights Lights Out! GREEN GODDESS | MONDAY, DECEMBER 3, 2012
- Redesign Required on Fed's $4.2 to $6.2 Billion Project COLLABORATIVE CONSTRUCTION | WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 3, 2012
- The Farmer's Daughter GREEN GODDESS | WEDNESDAY, JULY 18, 2012
- Party Like its 1999! GREEN GODDESS | SUNDAY, JUNE 3, 2012
- A Peach of a Home GREEN GODDESS | TUESDAY, JANUARY 10, 2012
- Judge Delays Signing Order for 11 Years! GEORGIA CONSTRUCTION LAW BLOG | FRIDAY, DECEMBER 3, 2010
- The Rich Get Richer GREEN GODDESS | THURSDAY, MAY 26, 2011
- Physician Heal Thyself GREEN GODDESS | MONDAY, AUGUST 31, 2009
- Thanks for what.the memories? GREEN GODDESS | WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 25, 2009
- My Little Green Vette GREEN GODDESS | MONDAY, FEBRUARY 15, 2010
- Union Busting Out All Over GREEN GODDESS | TUESDAY, MARCH 22, 2011
Trades Hub can personalize the content based on your interests, your LinkedIn profile, what you share on Twitter and LinkedIn, and what content people similar to you are sharing. More on Content Personalization
Sign-in using your social networks so we can begin to personalize your experience.
We need your email and password to allow you to log into your personalization features.
Enter your email address to reset your password. A temporary password will be e-mailed to you so that you may log in.