| || |
| | TRAIN4TRADESKILLS
MAY 14, 2013 Longer HS2 tunnel could create over 7,000 jobs in East Midlands
'A tunnel on the proposed route of Britain’s High Speed 2 rail network could be extended to enable plans for a major development next to East Midlands Airport to progress. The initial preferred route would have seen the new rail line cross the site of the proposed SRFI , which has the potential to create 7,000 jobs in the region, and threaten the feasibility of the proposed development.
| | SCAFFMAG
MAY 15, 2013 Major scaffolding collapse could’ve happened in Manchester
'Hundreds of Manchester United fans pack onto the scaffolding unaware of the dangers. major scaffolding collapse could of happened in the city streets of Manchester on Monday, jubilant Manchester United fans celebrated their 20th league title with a parade through the streets. Fortunately disaster was averted as the scaffold erection was luckily designed to bear heavy construction loads.
| | HTRC
MAY 11, 2013 The Home Builders Energy Efficient Tax Credit – an FAQ
'The Federal Energy Policy Act of 2005 (aka EPAct) established a $2000 tax credit for eligible contractors / builders for every new home sold that is certified to meet certain “energy efficiency” standards. While this was initially scheduled to expire at the end of 2007, the tax credit has been extended several times, and is now set to expire at the end of 2013. What is a “qualified home”?
| | CONSTRUCTION MARKETING UK
MAY 11, 2013 Amazon reviews! 5 star reviews.
'Amazon reviews! It’s pretty obvious that any Amazon reviews can make a major difference to the success of any author, self published or otherwise, and make a significant difference to the sales of his or her novel. Ultimately, all writers, painters, actors and performers must understand that if you put yourself out there, you will get critics, you’re bound to. We’ll never know.
| || || || |
TRAIN4TRADESKILLS EC boost for green infrastructure
| MONDAY, MAY 13, 2013
'The European Commission (EC) has adopted a new Action Plan for encouraging the use of green infrastructure, and for ensuring that the enhancement of natural processes becomes a systematic part of spatial planning. It aims to show how the EU’s Atlantic Member States, their regions and the Commission can help create sustainable growth in coastal regions and drive forward the “blue economy”, which has the potential to provide 7 million jobs in Europe by 2020. Environment commissioner Janez Poto?nik nik new jobs news plumbing Qualified engineers skills t4ts news trade train MORE >>
GREEN GODDESS Dragging You Down
| TUESDAY, MAY 14, 2013
'Two articles this week came out discussing the weight of how student loans are affecting the Economy and overall recovery. This is not shocking and is the next big bubble bursting. With the ever increasing amount of debt Student''s are aquring with the mythical promise, belief or in fact truth that they are more likely to find employment and do well financially overall is what has lead to this immense weight from which they are never to divest of. reprint Joseph Stiglitz''s article and have provided links to the other subjects mentioned. Too Old and Too Educated. Debts mount. percent. MORE >>
CONSTRUCTION LAW MONITOR In The Pipeline – Changes in Louisiana Construction Law
| TUESDAY, MAY 14, 2013
'Louisiana State Capitol, Baton Rouge (Photo credit: Wikipedia). If there is any one constant in the legal profession, it is that the law is an ever-evolving, static thing. While there are some general principles that tend to not change all that drastically over the years, the devil truly is in the details. Having to keep abreast of these changes is why you’ll hear people refer to the “practice” of law – we attorneys must continue to learn and adapt as we continue through our careers. This post is the first of two parts discussing those changes. Related articles. MORE >>
THE SMART VAN Google Glass in the Field? No Joke — 5 Ways It Could Impact Your Business
| WEDNESDAY, MAY 15, 2013
'Poor Google Glass — when it comes to business uses, the naysayers have been piling on the soon-to-be-released head gadget, suggesting that privacy and security concerns may lead companies to ban the devices from the workplace. But heads up, killjoys. Field service could be just one of several industries Google Glass will impact in the years ahead — and unlike office-bound professions, field service is better suited to put the device to work in more immediate and practical ways. Gadi Eichhorn at Realise Data Systems – a U.K.-based Live Support & Remote Collaboration. MORE >>
CONSTRUCTION LIEN BLOG Stop Notice: What Is It?
| TUESDAY, MAY 14, 2013
'See original article at Stop Notice: What Is It? Much of the space on the Lien Blog is, appropriately, dedicated to posts concerning various aspects of mechanics liens, and to a slightly lesser extent, bond claims. Mechanics liens (on private projects), and bond claims (on public projects) are far and away the most commonly used and widespread avenues for securing extensions of credit in the construction industry, and facilitating payment. There is, however, a third approach available in some states – the Stop Notice. Stop Notices Have Limited Availability. Stop Notices Are Not Recorded. MORE >>
- Power to the People GREEN GODDESS | SUNDAY, MAY 12, 2013
- Modifications for Your TIG Welding Set Up WELD MY WORLD | WEDNESDAY, MAY 15, 2013
- Introducing our new Scaffolding Jobs Board SCAFFMAG | SUNDAY, MAY 12, 2013
- Credit: One Centralized Credit Department for All Locations? CONSTRUCTION LIEN BLOG | FRIDAY, MAY 17, 2013
- Weekly Welding Roundup—Welding News WELD MY WORLD | SATURDAY, MAY 11, 2013
- Company boss fined after scaffolder fell to his death SCAFFMAG | MONDAY, MAY 13, 2013
- Unlicensed Contractor?: Depending on the State, You May be Working for Free CONSTRUCTION LIEN BLOG | THURSDAY, MAY 16, 2013
- Credit Management: 6 Week Course To Success As A Credit Professional CONSTRUCTION LIEN BLOG | THURSDAY, MAY 16, 2013
- Massachusetts Mechanics Lien Law: 5 Things to Know CONSTRUCTION LIEN BLOG | WEDNESDAY, MAY 15, 2013
- Are Your Hotel General Contractors Checked In or Out? COMMERCIAL CONSTRUCTION BLOG | WEDNESDAY, MAY 15, 2013
- Send Your Arizona Notices On Every Job CONSTRUCTION LIEN BLOG | TUESDAY, MAY 14, 2013
- Credit Management: Notice Compliance and Security Too Costly to be Beneficial? (Revisited) CONSTRUCTION LIEN BLOG | MONDAY, MAY 13, 2013
- Defaults and Remedies in Joint Venture Agreements in Georgia (Part V in a Series) GEORGIA CONSTRUCTION LAW BLOG | THURSDAY, MAY 16, 2013
- Illinois Mechanics Lien Law: 5 Things to Know CONSTRUCTION LIEN BLOG | MONDAY, MAY 13, 2013
- A Construction Lawyer Can Help You Negotiate (Not Sue) CONSTRUCTION LAW MUSINGS | MONDAY, MAY 13, 2013
- The Economic Loss Rule Applies Only to Products Liability Cases, at least in Florida CONSTRUCTION LAW MUSINGS | FRIDAY, MAY 17, 2013
- Wacky Weds; Architectural Nightmare or no HTRC | WEDNESDAY, MAY 15, 2013
- Is Your Website Giving Away This Valuable Advertising Space? DARREN SLAUGHTER | MONDAY, MAY 13, 2013
- Online Professional Marketing- A Review from the Solo’s Perspective CONSTRUCTION LAW MUSINGS | WEDNESDAY, MAY 15, 2013
- Resistance is futile – Conversion Factors HTRC | TUESDAY, MAY 14, 2013
- Willmott Dixon gets Scape contract to drive growth and create jobs TRAIN4TRADESKILLS | WEDNESDAY, MAY 15, 2013
- Reputation Management or Why Google is Like David Letterman DARREN SLAUGHTER | WEDNESDAY, MAY 15, 2013
- Love It or Hate It? What Mobile Workers Think About Fleet Management THE SMART VAN | THURSDAY, MAY 16, 2013
- Advertising in Construction [INFOGRAPHIC] CONSTRUCTION MARKETING BLOG | THURSDAY, MAY 16, 2013
- A Digital Magazine for the Architecture, Engineering & Construction (AEC) Industry AEC FORENSICS | TUESDAY, MAY 14, 2013
- New Tactics in Service Marketing Online: Q&A with Thumbtack CEO Sander Daniels THE SMART VAN | MONDAY, MAY 13, 2013
- Bluebeam Tip: Searchable Text to AutoMark Your Plan Set CONSTRUCTION TECHNOLOGY | FRIDAY, MAY 17, 2013
- How Manufacturers are Managing Content Marketing: 7 B2B Insights TRADESMEN INSIGHTS | THURSDAY, MAY 16, 2013
- 4 Misleading Mobile Job Search Myths PROVEN.COM | THURSDAY, MAY 16, 2013
- Construction Email Lists- The Importance of Email Marketing CONSTRUCTION MARKETING BLOG | TUESDAY, MAY 14, 2013
- How to Make B-to-B Posts Interesting TRADESMEN INSIGHTS | WEDNESDAY, MAY 15, 2013
- Notice to Owner: Florida Court Provides Some Clarification CONSTRUCTION LIEN BLOG | FRIDAY, MAY 17, 2013
- Friday Fun: How a Man Hunts CONSTRUCTION KNOWLEGE | FRIDAY, MAY 17, 2013
- Demolishing the Washington Monument TEMPEST BLOG | FRIDAY, MAY 17, 2013
- Awards: When Are They Worth It? TRADESMEN INSIGHTS | TUESDAY, MAY 14, 2013
- Nevada Mechanics Lien Law: 5 Things to Know CONSTRUCTION LIEN BLOG | FRIDAY, MAY 17, 2013
- Your Guide to Woodshop Storage Solutions BE THE PRO | THURSDAY, MAY 16, 2013
- First MOOC Nuke Detonated by Georgia Tech! COLLABORATIVE CONSTRUCTION | THURSDAY, MAY 16, 2013
- Construction Jobs Back, Workers Not CONSTRUCTION KNOWLEGE | THURSDAY, MAY 16, 2013
- Indiana Mechanics Lien Law: 5 Things to Know CONSTRUCTION LIEN BLOG | THURSDAY, MAY 16, 2013
- Content Is King: In the Eye of the Storm TECHNICAL DETAILS | TUESDAY, MAY 14, 2013
Trades Hub can personalize the content based on your interests, your LinkedIn profile, what you share on Twitter and LinkedIn, and what content people similar to you are sharing. More on Content Personalization
Sign-in using your social networks so we can begin to personalize your experience.
We need your email and password to allow you to log into your personalization features.
Enter your email address to reset your password. A temporary password will be e-mailed to you so that you may log in.