| || |
| | SCAFFMAG
OCTOBER 27, 2014 London Bridge closed after fire breaks out on scaffolding
'Scaffolding around a 12-storey office building near London Bridge that was awaiting demolition has caught fire. The blaze at 33 King William Street, overlooking London Bridge, was on the scaffolding on the tenth floor of the building, London Fire Brigade have confirmed. The Brigade were called at 6.06pm to the blaze. King William Street. pic.twitter.com/XJBK5nUaMu.
| | GREEN GODDESS
OCTOBER 30, 2014 Alien Nation
'I read the below blog from one of my few favorite "lawyer" blogs who thankfully does not refer to it as a "blawg" much like the other great legal blogger, Grits for Breakfast. They get the whole "we the people" despite being Lawyers. see there are exceptions to the rule ALL ATTORNEYS ARE A S. But the points made are truly applicable in our over lawed, over legislated, over punished, under enforced or regulated and lack of accountability by those who are entrusted to do the job of protecting our rights society. We also generalize and sweep with a broad brush a narrow picture. GET OVER IT.
| | EVERBLUE
OCTOBER 28, 2014 Sustainability Roundup
'The sustainability industry is a fast-growing and ever-changing one. It can be difficult to keep up with all the news. In this sustainability roundup, we''ll provide a basic overview of interesting events that have recently happened. Of course this is not a full list of all recent news stories but instead a brief recap of milestones and events that we''ve found particularly interesting. read more.
| | THE SMART VAN
OCTOBER 28, 2014 Charm Customers By Providing The Perfect Mix of Service and Support
'What customers tell you they want isn’t always what they actually need. That’s just the nature of the business — especially in the highly demanding services sector. These five guidelines will help service leaders ensure that their organization is as successful as it can be when promoting, selling and delivering “total” service and support to its customers: . Bill Pollock.
| || || || |
GREEN GODDESS March of the Generals
| WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 29, 2014
'Well another day another royal screw up the ass without dinner by our elected officials who also happen to belong to my second favorite class of a s - Lawyers (for the record Doctors are number one on any given day but I switch it out). The cover story in today''s New York Times discusses the powerful affect of money on politics. Okay not that but on the revolving door this time not in Congress but in the Attorney General offices throughout the country. But she has way more serious issues regarding campaign finances. Well you get who you vote for. It stinks, shocking, I know. he said. John W. MORE >>
GEORGIA CONSTRUCTION LAW BLOG Recent Case Hurts Supplier’s Enforcment of Lien
| THURSDAY, OCTOBER 30, 2014
'When a building mateiral supplier has not been paid for labor or materials used on a Georgia construction project, that supplier may place a materialman’s lien against the owner of the improved real property; this is true even if the owner has no contractual relationship with that supplier. Such a lien essentially transfers liability from the party contracting with the supplier (such as the general contractor) to the owner since the supplier’s goods and services improved the value of the owner’s property. In Hill v. MORE >>
GREEN GODDESS Rock Paper Scissors
| WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 29, 2014
'I have long lamented the issues surrounding the legal system as it is a Monopoly run by a Union. For the record I am not jealous or even remotely envious. was in a Ph.d/Masters Masters program for Education when my then husband said let''s do the simple payback and we concluded that after 15 years my salary would peak out and would only be half of what that entire program would have ended up costing. At the time it was close to 90K as I had already gone back to school to get a second B.A. while earning my Teacher''s Certificate. And that cost 25K which I was still paying. more per hour. MORE >>
GREEN GODDESS Yes, Please
| MONDAY, OCTOBER 27, 2014
'I have watched with great disgust, displeasure and amusement as the legal field has been all a"twitter" with the new "yes means yes" laws being adapted on College campuses and in fact made into state law in California when it comes to what comprises rape. Canada has been following that aegis for decades but in America we love our word no regardless of its application. The Libertarian side of the left of the right of the right wing movement has been particularly distressed because they of course claim its more laws and absurdities that deny civil rights. Is this truly a debatable issue? MORE >>
GREEN GODDESS Votes In
| TUESDAY, OCTOBER 28, 2014
'As we elect our Prosecutors, Judges and other political malcontents in the coming week, I once again wonder how much money plays in the hands of electing those who are supposed to have no bias nor political affiliation? And the answer is clearly that is one of great debate. The current situation in my home city is that many of the Judges run unopposed and we know nothing about them nor seemingly care. The Prosecuting Attorney is also being decided and I know nothing about his running of the office nor who is opponent is. This is working out well already. All in the name of crime. MORE >>
- MediFraud GREEN GODDESS | TUESDAY, OCTOBER 28, 2014
- Afford Me This GREEN GODDESS | TUESDAY, OCTOBER 28, 2014
- Different, but not GREEN GODDESS | MONDAY, OCTOBER 27, 2014
- IRS Audits Anyone? GREEN GODDESS | SUNDAY, OCTOBER 26, 2014
- Why Twitter Rocks DARREN SLAUGHTER | THURSDAY, OCTOBER 30, 2014
- LEED 2009 Project Deadline Extended EVERBLUE | THURSDAY, OCTOBER 30, 2014
- Lifetime Value: The Most Overlooked Metric in Customer Service? THE SMART VAN | THURSDAY, OCTOBER 30, 2014
- RESNET opens up the Registry & a how-to HTRC | TUESDAY, OCTOBER 28, 2014
- Email Marketing 101 For Contractors DARREN SLAUGHTER | MONDAY, OCTOBER 27, 2014
- Changes to Pennsylvania Mechanic’s Lien Code CONSTRUCTION LAW MUSINGS | FRIDAY, OCTOBER 31, 2014
- California Court of Appeals Examines Mechanics Lien Law from “Soup-to-Nuts” CONSTRUCTION LIEN BLOG | WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 29, 2014
- Cut Through the Noise: Finding a Better Way to Communicate in the Field THE SMART VAN | FRIDAY, OCTOBER 31, 2014
- What’s a Customer’s Lifetime Value To You? TRADESMEN INSIGHTS | TUESDAY, OCTOBER 28, 2014
- We are moving!!! HTRC | FRIDAY, OCTOBER 31, 2014
- Construction Nightmares TEMPEST BLOG | FRIDAY, OCTOBER 31, 2014
- UPS B2B Purchasing Insights Very Enlightening TRADESMEN INSIGHTS | WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 29, 2014
- Hand Saw Sharpening BE THE PRO | TUESDAY, OCTOBER 28, 2014
- Construction Mix-Up TEMPEST BLOG | WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 29, 2014
- Takeaways from 2014 PRSA International Conference TRADESMEN INSIGHTS | THURSDAY, OCTOBER 30, 2014
- Great For Construction – A Bit Excessive For Estimating TEMPEST BLOG | MONDAY, OCTOBER 27, 2014
Trades Hub can personalize the content based on your interests, your LinkedIn profile, what you share on Twitter and LinkedIn, and what content people similar to you are sharing. More on Content Personalization
Sign-in using your social networks so we can begin to personalize your experience.
We need your email and password to allow you to log into your personalization features.
Enter your email address to reset your password. A temporary password will be e-mailed to you so that you may log in.